Image compression and video codecs (H.264, H.265, MPEG4, HEVC, etc); Imaging and control systems; Barcode and 2D symbol readers; Embedded (StrongARM, Windows CE) and PC-based Machine Vision applications; Web Inspection System for color printing; Image processing software development including decoding modules for 1D and 2D symbols; Robotic systems and machine vision modules; Porting of software between operating systems; Software architecture; Experienced in chip-level investigation using Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) photography; Intellectual property evaluation and reverse engineering, 3D Graphics: 3D pipeline architectures, 3D scene rendering technologies, hardware architectures, standards (Open GL, OpenGL ES, OpenCL, DirectX, etc.)
• Research and development of UWB, UMTS (WCDMA, HSDPA), and GSM systems. • Expertise in low power systems design for high speed modems and multi-media applications • Development of advanced UWB and UMTS transceivers, low power consumption architecture, and cross layer algorithm design
• Processors/CPUs, PCB, Fab processes • Ultra Fast Mixed-Signal Circuit, Space-based Communications, advanced submicron devices • Extensive experience with wireless protocols including 802.11, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, Bluetooth • Hands on CMOS: architecture, design, tape-out and test complex chips, including memory, mixed signal, and RF • Extensive chip reverse engineering experience • Extensive circuit extraction experience • Patent and IP / IPR experience
RF System design including high level architecture and behavioral modeling, Detailed system lineup and high level link budget, External component specifications and embedding, RF circuits design with simulation modeling, as well as hands on lab validation and optimization, RF/Mixed Signal block and modem partitioning
• Automotive Systems • wireless data networks, high-speed LANs, multithreaded processors, intelligent I/O controllers, object-oriented systems, I/O and OS virtualization, and raster graphics. • instruction set architecture, system busses, cache and associative memories, symmetric multiprocessors, event driven systems, object-oriented systems, I/O protocols and interfaces, and the history of computing. • IEEE 802.11 standard and Wi-Fi products that implement 802.11 • low-power circuit techniques, including both dynamic logic and asynchronous logic.
Deep understanding and experience in communications theory and practice, performance analysis, and multimedia theory and applications (Speech [various codecs from very low bit rate, such as MELPe to broadband], audio [PAC], video [various, especially MPEG family and particularly H.264])•All digital and analog modulation techniques, e.g., AM, FM, PM, QAM, CDMA, OFDM.•Many years of experience in simulation, both with tools (e.g., Matlab) and by programming in C•Extensive experience in real-time programming,in C as well as in embedded languages•Extensive experience in hardware design and implementation of real time systems•RF planning•Deep understanding and experience with Stochastic processes both in continuous and discretetime domains, probability theory, statistics, quantitative analysis, queueing analysis, speech, audio, and video coding techniques•Familiar with many commercial and military standards from wired to wireless to multimedia applications, such as xDSL, WiFi, WiMax, LTE, UMTS/WCDMA, MIMO, cdma2000, GSM, UWB, G.7xx, MELPe, MPEG, H.264 and manymore.•OPNET•ProLab
Extensive involvement with image and video Systems/HW/SW, codecs,LIDAR, signal proc.•Image and Video compression standards (H.264, H.265, MPEG4, HEVC, etc)•Detailed video product analysis: handheld devices, set top boxes, streaming products•X-Ray, nuclear medicine, ultrasound•Patent evaluations, claim charts, reverse engineering•Trial testimony
• Mobile internet and internet visionary • Evolved Packet Core (LTE) • CDMA network • R&D on next generation IP networking architectures and technologies including mobile and converged broadband networks • 3GPP, 3GPP2, TIA, WiMAX and IETF • High-speed data and fax modems • High performance digital signal processing (DSP) • Software Defined Networking (SDN) • Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
•Development of efficient cryptographic and security techniques•Security architectural design work (esp. for highly constrained networks –“IoT”)•International standards development (including, IEEE 802.11ai/HEW, IEEE 802.15.4x, IETF)•Security reviews for smart grid, and for passive & active RFID applications•Advise on efficient and secure crypto and security implementation techniques•Patent reviews, patent mitigation strategies•Strategic advice on Security R&D roadmap, IPR, and productization
• Semiconductor Process and Materials Research/Development • Encompassing Interconnect Conductive multi-level metallization, gate metallization, Inter-level dielectric Isolation and Passivation for fabrication of DRAM • Flash EEPROM • EPROM • Bipolar • Microprocessors • Semiconductor Microchip Packaging Materials and Process • Material’s Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical Characterization, and Product Reliability
Product development•Organizational development•Operation management•Extremely complex products that tax limits of design & process technology•Processors, from slice microprocessors to state-of-the-art PC processors to 8-bit microcontrollers•CAD strategy and CAD purchasing•Offshore design centers setup and management•Production planning and inventory management•Corporate budgeting and planning•Deep understandingof PC industry and PC technology•Practical understanding of legal problems and litigation
• Touch Screen, mobile touch business, smart display, semiconductor • Cellular baseband products, RF solutions and chipset and front end module products • Product and Program management • Global ecosystems • Human machine interface • IoT • Product evangelizing • Market Analysis & Penetration
• Cellular technologies: LTE, LTE-A, Carrier Aggregation-CA, HSPA, HSPA+, Multi-SIM, Wi-Fi, WLAN • Requirement analysis, test planning and test case development • Strong cellular modem System/HW/FW Protocol and call flow debugging and analysis skillset • GCT/PTCRB/Carrier certification • Mobile handset and base station testing • Lab/Field testing and log analysis • Mobile handset/base station testing • Working knowledge on test equipment • Automation Frame work development tool SW-Anritsu, Rohde & Schwarz, Anite, Agilent, Spirent
• Team lead of research and development activities with an emphasis in unconventional data collection and exploitation techniques • Technical expert in designing, implementing, and analyzing high-accuracy state-of-the-art techniques • Experienced in Apache Spark, Google Analytics, and Netica
Shaving Products, nutritional and cosmetic products, over the counter (OTC) medications, medical devices, FDA Approvals, clinical study evaluations, Product Portfolio Strategy Development, New Product Development (NPD), female athletic apparel products, Organizational Leadership and Product Management
• Electrical and Control Systems including Collision Avoidance • AutoSar, Active Safety, NX, Embedded Systems, ECU, actuators, Diagnostics, OBDII, Prognostics, Dyno and Vehicle Testing, Verification and Validation, Model-based Development
•Mechanical Design •New Product Introduction •Prototype builds for NPI Manufacturing Processes •Technology Transfer of manufacturing product/process •Project/Program Management •Leading products from conceptual to full production
Fabrication: Nanosensors, Metamaterials, Semiconductors, Spintronics, Low Frequency Materials, High Frequency Materials and Permanent Magnets • Medical devices and drug delivery systems • Electrochemistry and electrochemical systems and methods • Nanostructures design, fabrication and characterization
Develop/establish solid IP portfolio / market exclusive strategy. • Drug discovery and development in: o Anti-bacterials, gastrointestinal (IBD, Crohn’s), and cancer immunotherapy mediated by cancer antigen-protein conjugates o Small organic molecules, peptides to glycol-materials (cancer antigens / glycosaminoglycans / glycoproteins).
• Extensive expertise in the application of chemical and oligonucleotide tools to cell-based (2D/3D/Co- Culture) and organotypic platforms for: o Target-Identification & Validation, o Dissecting Mechanisms-of-Action o Drug Discovery o Screening and Lead-Optimization (establishing Structure-Activity Relationships) • Significant knowledge of: o Molecular biology o Cell biology o In vitro pharmacology o Cancer biology (oncogenic drivers and signaling networks)
• Specialty coatings, electroplating, anodizing development • Specialty elastomers, thermoplastics, textiles development • Thermal, EMI, EMC, battery application development • New material and process development, product introduction, supplier management
• Methods of different staining, immunofluorescence, immunohistochemistry • Protein biochemical analysis techniques such as protein extraction, SDS-PAGE and western blotting • Various molecular biology techniques such as DNA/RNA isolation, PCR and qPCR techniques, microarrays, cloning, DNA sequencing, recombinant DNA technology and gene knockout • Animal cell lines: passaging, cryoconservation
In-depth knowledge of GSM, CDMA (3GPP2), UMTS/WCDMA/LTE (3GPP), IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, ISDB-T, DVB, UWB, USB standards and technologies • Extensive hands-on technical experience in: o Cellular handset design and development (CDMA) o Cellular networks (design, deployment and optimization) o PHY, MAC, Network layer designs, simulations and development o Hardware/software architectural designs, system analyses, partitioning o Reconfigurable hardware architectures o Real-time, power-sensitive embedded system development o Embedded DSP programming
Power Management Integrated Circuit (PMIC) design: DC/DC Converters Buck, Boost, Fly-Back, LDO, Charge pump, Bootstrap Capacitor Switching regulator to generate reverse polarity or higher and/or lower voltages. • Analog Circuits designs: Class A, AB, and C amplifiers, voltage follower (Common Collector, Common Drain), Common Gate or Common Base, Common Emitter or Common Source, Telescopic Cascode, Folded Cascode, current mirrors, high dynamic range low voltage cascode current mirrors, differential pairs, Op Amps, PTAT, Band Gap, comparators with hysteresis, LDO, and Feedback systems. • RF Mixers (Gilbert Cells), LNA, VCO, RSSI, high speed logic (ECL & SCL) for prescaler , and oscillator designs. • Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) circuit design in BiCMOS & CMOS using Si, SiGe, and GaAs Technology. • Phase Locked Loop (PLL) circuits (Phase Frequency Detector (PFD), PLL Loop Filter, Charge Pump, VCO, Prescaler, and divide by N) and PLL system design (P, P+1) • Chip System level ESD protection to meet HBM, CDM, and MM standards, ESD device protection circuit for input, outputs, drivers, and RF circuits. • Probing de-capped and de-pacified ICs to debug chip’s circuits
Strong background in all phases of: o Flash Memories o Flash Digital Forensic o Serial ATA o Cryptography (circuit level design) o Cyber Security o 802.11ab/g (wireless LAN) o 802.3ae(10G Ethernet) o Computing and Networking standards.
Wifi, UMTS/WCDMA, GSM, GMSK, FSK, FH-CDMA, DS-CDMA, OFDM, LTE • Satellite Communication • All network layers • System engineering and simulations • Communication system architecture • Wireless and mobile communication standards
Most projects support a wide variety of IP customer needs ranging from transistor-level circuit extraction & analysis of memories and mixed-signal (analog/digital) chips to system-level testing, for example, firmware disassembly & analysis and signal tracing & analysis. Example projects: o Selected circuit extractions from commodity and embedded DRAMs o Analog circuit extraction & analysis of a Megapixel CMOS imager o Various firmware extractions from “secure” MPUs o A hardware-level security audit of a stored-value card
• Long standardization and protocol design experience in a variety of Standard Organizations (3GPP, 3GPP2, IETF, IEEE 802.11, WFA). • Active contributor of IPv6 usage in mobile networks, IPv4/IPv6 translation, mobile IP, location determination in WiFi network • Designed and standardized the generic bootstrapping architecture for 3GGP2
Statistical analysis and processing of signals and data; physical layer and MAC layer algorithms for wireless systems including: o 3GPP2 (UMB) o 3GPP (HSPA, LTE, LTE-Advanced) o IEEE 802.11 (a/b/g/n/ac) technologies • Working experience with specific features and algorithms including: • Power control • Inter-cell interference control • Dynamic/adaptive resource coordination and association • Single and multi-user MIMO • Beamforming and precoding • Coordinated multi-point transmission • Peer-to-peer communication
Lead and developed several memory packaging technologies in TSV/3DI, WLP, flip chip, CPB, RDL, BOC, COB, F2F, imagers and LEDs from conception to qualification & HVM • Strong materials background with keen interest in corrosion, organic-inorganic hybrid coatings, adhesion, solder metallurgy, electroplating, chip package interaction and semiconductor processing
Numerous technical and strategic contributions and inventions in 3G/4G wireless communications technologies such as 3GPP LTE (Adv.)/HSPA, WiFi, IEEE802.16/WiMAX, 3GPP2/CDMA2000/EV-DO from air interface and systems architecture perspectives. • Current research focus on advanced Spectrum Sharing, Small Cell/HetNet Solutions, Multicomm and MultiCell Cooperative Communication, Carrier Aggregation, CoMP, D2D/M2M and Group Communications.
DRAM/Flash IC design/test/technology/manufacturing • IC/CAD application/test development • Pre- and post-silicon product/project management • IT cloud technology • Cloud servers and storage in commercial and custom applications.
• Application specific package and fixture design • Develop solutions for improved efficiency, quality and cost of LED lighting products • Define and develop technology for SSL • Evaluation of SSL-related technologies for their technical and market sustainability • Identify appropriate SSL products • Competitive analysis and benchmarking
• Technical expertise in global public network communications technology & protocols including: o Switching, Routing o IETF RFCs o Voice over IP o Signaling System Number 7 o IETF SigTran protocols o SIP o IMS o Call processing o W3C WebRTC o Content Distribution o Firewall/Proxy o Ethernet Switching o Deep packet Inspection o Wireless Communications o Asynchronous Transfer Mode & xDSL Access Technologies o Cable Infrastructure
• Areas of expertise include full life cycle product development of medical devices from conception through development including: o Manufacturing o Bench testing o Verification o Validation o Packaging o Labeling o Clinical trials o Regulatory approval o Marketing o Sales training.
• Expert in management of RFP execution • Strong Strategic and Tactical IT planning & execution experience • Strong technical leadership and personnel development skills • Expert in network technology including VoIP evaluation, selection and implementation
•Design, model, build, and optimization of cellular networks.•Communication Systems Theory Expert-Mathematical modeling of modulation and coding techniques, propagation, digital signal processing, spread spectrum, MIMO, capacity. Develop algorithms for locating cellular phones, automatically selecting radio frequencies, constructive wave delay; Laser, Radio, and Acoustic-Wave modeling and design.•Expert in LTE, VoLTE,and Video Telephony over IMS.•Experienced in 3GPP Standard.•Father of SON (Self Organizing Networks).•Mentored others to good understanding of telecommunication systems involving CDMA, UMTS, and LTE including and IP Multimedia Subsystem/SIP.
• Research and development of tissue engineering • Medical devices research and development • Orthopedic and Medical Devices materials market analysis • Investigational studies to develop preventive therapies to minimize the progression of post-traumatic osteoarthritis. • Implementation of preclinical animal studies on bone morphogenetic protein-2 dosing and calcium phosphate coatings for treatment of maxillofacial and long segmental bone defects.
• HEVC/H.265, AVC/H.264, Image processing and analysis, Linear algebra, Multiple-view image geometry, Deep learning convolutional networks, Models of computation, Parallel processing, Microprocessor architecture, Embedded systems, Web application tools and libraries
C/C++/Python, Embedded Systems, NX Os, Switching/Routing Software, Mobile Applications (Android), Device Drivers, Distributed Systems and Parallel Programming, CUDA, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision, Gesture, Face and Emotion Recognition.
Lithium Ion Cells o Cylindrical, Prismatic Can, Prismatic Pouch o Cathode Chemistries (NMC, LMO, NCA, LFP) o Anode Chemistries (Carbon, Graphite, Silicon, LTO) • System Design o Selection of the cell type, cell count and thermal system to meet system requirements • Battery Management Systems/BMS (HW and SW) • Battery System Components (Contactors, Fuses, Bussing, Connectors) • Battery Life Analysis • Functional Safety Analysis
•Expertise: Set-top Boxes, IPTV, OTT, Internet VOD/EST, streaming, Blu-Ray/HD-DVD/BD-Live, 4K UltraHD, HDR, HEVC, Geospatial Imaging, D-Cinema, Digital Film Printer, and the Triple-I Electron Beam Recorder.
LCDs, OLEDs, Smart TVs, III-V, Semiconductor, Streaming devices, Touch Screens, MEMs packaging, High Frequency RF, Telecom packaging, TFTs, LEDs, High frequency microwave devices, Lasers, Solar panels processing & packaging, Patent analysis, Prototyping products, TV and Media electronic guides
• Automotive Systems, cellular network and protocols (GSM, LTE, 5G) • wireless data networks, high-speed LANs, multithreaded processors, intelligent I/O controllers, objectoriented systems, I/O and OS virtualization, and raster graphics. • instruction set architecture, system busses, cache and associative memories, symmetric multiprocessors, event driven systems, object-oriented systems, I/O protocols and interfaces, and the history of computing. • IEEE 802.11 standard and Wi-Fi products that implement 802.11 • low-power circuit techniques, including both dynamic logic and asynchronous logic. • System busses and I/O control protocols.
• NAND, DRAM, and flash SSD • Knowledge of memory and storage subsystem performance bottlenecks • Custom cooling solutions for consumer electronics and data center computers • Data center infrastructure • Computer architecture and CPU microarchitecture • Development, debugging, cost reduction
• High-voltage CMOS process integration • EEPROM programmable logic device technology • Non-volatile memory process technology for flash and CPLD products • Embedded non-volatile memory process technology for battery management products • Intellectual property analyses and development • Claim charts against potential infringers based on published patents, technical papers, and datasheets
• LED/uLED Design • DLP MEMS Projection Systems • DCI LED dCinema • Communications/RTLS • Energy Systems • Display Solutions • Smart grid integrated PV and Energy Management Systems • Solar Panel/Module Production • Health Systems • Internal IP Process
• Display and Touch Screen integration • Electrical Mechanical Design • Electric & Mechanical Simulation • Display Performance and Evaluation • Data Capture and Analysis • System Analysis • Small Scale Programming
• Lithium ion • Cathodes and anodes • Seperator • Electrolyte • Lead-acid • Zinc-air • Lithium iron phosphate • Lithium combat oxide • Carbon • Additives • Packs and chargers • Battery Product Design and Process Development • Systems for Battery Charge/Discharge Control and Communication
GHB Intellect has been providing IP technical and business consulting services since 2007, including turn-key IP assessments, development, management, valuation, and monetization support. Our goal is to align our client’s IP portfolio development and monetization activities with their business objectives.