Intellectual Property Consulting Services
For more than a decade, GHB Intellect has provided Intellectual Property Consulting Services for some of the most cutting-edge technology companies as well as IP law firms and individuals. We leverage the most highly regarded experts in each industry and utilize the most advanced technologies, tools, and equipment available.
Our vast team of uniquely qualified technology, science, and IP subject matter experts, along with an optimized expert designation process, permits us to assign perfectly matched experts to each and every project. Unlike many intellectual property consulting services firms, our project management is performed by a specialist from within our own team. This means, the project manager is highly qualified to understand the requirements of the project, can select the optimal set of experts, and ensures they have access to the state-of-the-art laboratories and high-tech equipment as necessitated by the project. The process is uniquely designed to manage each project cost-effectively and deliver the highest value and work product quality to our clients. This approach has gained us high praises from our clients.
The Intellectual Property Services We Offer
GHB Intellect provides an extensive array of intellectual property consulting services that not only include high technology and scientific areas, but also intellectual property development, valuation and management services. Our IP experts have provided transaction, engineering, and litigation support across the globe. We offer a large array of IP consulting services that can be generalized into the following categories.
The Intellectual Property Services We Offer
These general areas of intellectual property consulting services are not disjoint. In fact, it is the very inter-relations among these IP service areas that make us so uniquely qualified for such services. We pride ourselves not only in being one of the few intellectual property consulting firms that have extensive backgrounds and experience in a wide variety of technologies and industries, but just as importantly, in keeping current with the leading edge of our respective technologies and industries. We continue to work on products, designs, and standards to remain at the forefront of the most innovative technologies. This, in turn, further sharpens our technical and practical knowledge of the state-of-the-art and keeps us current within the industries and technologies we cover.
A Methodical IP Consulting Approach
We follow meticulous processes in all aspects of our case/project management. As an example of how our diligent management methods are implemented to achieve successful results, we share the early stages of our process below. It is a step-by-step summary of how the project manager chooses the right experts and why our intellectual property consulting services are effective:
- Understand the technical requirements of the case.
- Map those requirements to qualifications to look for in an ideal expert.
- Quickly identify a list of candidate experts in the network who may be qualified for the case and who do not have any conflicts of interest within the scope of the case.
- Carefully review their resumes and interview them with an eye towards determining if the required qualifications truly exist in each expert on the list. (Keep in mind that reading between the lines in a resume or an interview is an art on its own. Only an expert in the general field can detect the nuances necessary to determine how strong the candidate is in a particular specialty.)
- Rank the candidate experts in various specialties and make a judgment call on the technical suitability of each candidate(s) for the case. (Note that, again, this judgment call is best made by the project manager, who is a technical expert in the general field as well.)
- If the technical suitability of the candidates is not on par with the requirements of the case, the search will extend to our global extended network. The project manager leads the extended search with the help of other experts to create another list of potentially suitable experts for the case. The evaluation process repeats as above, but this time, the references received from our own experts are also used to further evaluate the capabilities, qualifications, and experiences of the potentially suitable experts.
- At the end of the process, a ranked list of experts who are most suitable for the case are presented to the client along with the justification for the rankings and a recommendation on which expert(s) to use for the different parts of the case.
Upon client agreement to use one or more of our recommended experts, we offer our project management services to them at no extra charge.