A Dual Tuner DOCSIS 3.0 set-top-box.
Recreate the RF Local Oscillator architecture of the tuner using black-box testing.
- The modem was taken apart and tuner IC identified
- A 256-QAM modulator plus an RF upconverter was used as input signal source
- The RF input signal was split and converted into two balanced signals prior to the two tuner IC inputs.
- A magnetic loop probe was connected to a spectrum analyzer for signal reception
- The tuner was put through various carefully designed test cases and input and output combinations and responses were observed.
Successful verification of the overall architecture of the Dual Tuner DOCSIS 3.0 set-top-box, including all the oscillator frequency settings for various channels.
More Case Studies
Interested in learning more about what we do here at GHB Intellect? Please feel free to browse the additional case studies listed below! If you still have additional questions or would like to speak to someone about your project, please give us a call at (858) 367-3642 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
GHB Intellect is a full-service intellectual property consulting and engineering services firm. With a growing cadre of hundreds of industry-seasoned experts & professionals, as well as access to full suites of design and testing equipment, we specialize in high-tech, science, and innovation.