Position: Patent Analyst
Location: San Diego
GHB Intellect is a world-class, engineering and intellectual property (IP) consulting services firm. With hundreds of top-notch experts and professionals, state-of-the-art equipment and laboratories, and over a decade of business history, we provide unparalleled expertise and unprecedented service to the intellectual property industry. Our clientele included high-tech companies of all sizes, law firms, investment firms, etc.
GHB Intellect’s unique business model and potential for professional advancement make this an excellent career opportunity for the hard-working, goal-oriented candidate. For more information on GHB Intellect, please visit GHBintellect.com.
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic patent analyst to work with our team in various projects in the company. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, with a commitment to getting tasks done on time and with highest level of quality. They should be comfortable working with a variety of technologies and intellectual properties, and be excited to be help solve the everyday challenges.
The main responsibility will be to assist in reviewing/analyzing patents in relation to a variety of client objectives. These tasks range from research and analysis, to engaging with technical subject matter experts as well as clients. Duties will be diverse and entail assisting with all departments to ensure a smooth and professional operation of projects. In particular, duties will include assistance with:
– Technical reviews, research, and analysis
– Patent reviews, research, and analysis
– Report generation
– Project Management
The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, technically very sharp, skillful and efficient in writing reports, and professional in demeanor.
Candidates must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Technical – Strong technical background in an engineering discipline
- Analytical – Effective in analyzing large quantities of data/information
- Collaborative – Team player
- Resourcefulness – Ability to manage projects, research and resolve issues with minimal supervision
- Communication – Excellent professional writing and verbal skills
- Integrity – Maintain confidentiality, deliver accurate and thorough work product
- Dependability – Project reliability both internally and to customers.
- Customer Service – Excellent external and internal customer service, Positive attitude, and carry out service in line with the organizational culture
- Planning/organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities, time efficiency, follow-up on tasks to be performed
- Pro-activity – Adept at detecting problems and suggesting solutions. Always on the look-out to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation of the company.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum of BS in engineering or computer science. MS/PhD Preferred.
- Minimum of 3 year of experience in patent research/analysis
- Proficiency in MS Office and computers
- Engineering experience is a plus
Please complete the form and also send your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.