Director of Sales, Legal
Position: Director of Sales, Legal
Location: San Diego (preferred)
GHB Intellect is a world-class, full-service, intellectual property (IP) consulting services firm. With over 600 top-notch experts and professionals, state-of-the-art equipment and laboratories, and over a decade of business history, we provide unparalleled expertise and turn-key services to the intellectual property industry (high-tech corporations, patent law firms, brokers, funders, etc.).
GHB Intellect’s comprehensive services (technical, financial, legal, business) have seen tremendous demand in recent years. Our unique value proposition and the high potential for professional advancement make this an excellent career opportunity for the hard-working, goal-oriented candidate. For more information on GHB Intellect, please visit https://ghbintellect.com/.
We are gearing for the next phase of our growth. As such, we are seeking a passionate and self-starting individual with experience in the legal industry, to join the company in a senior role to help us continue with our growth. The successful candidate will assist the company both strategically and tactically. She/He will develop comprehensive sales strategies, identify potentially key clients, and lead us in securing key engagements.
As a Sales Director, Legal, you will be responsible for developing and growing new customer accounts in the legal community within an assigned territory. Each territory consists of a large base of law firms. You will utilize your prospecting and consultative selling skills, high energy and initiative to identify opportunities to provide our high-caliber consulting services. You will also be responsible to partner with our internal team to maintain post-sales satisfaction and to ensure retention of existing customers.
- Strategically grow a customer base through network connections, prospecting, and cold calling.
- Be responsible for the attainment of sales targets and quota on a regular basis in assigned territory.
- Manage client acquisitions from start to finish, from identifying decision makers and contacting them, to final negotiation and contract finalization
- Keep close contact with clients regarding service strategies and solutions that will meet their business needs
- Create and maintain sales pipeline status by maintaining accurate and complete information in CRM
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of complete line of products/services and customers business issues and needs
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders regarding existing and new clients to identify new opportunities, resolve client concerns; establish and maintain current and potential client relationships
The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and have friendly yet professional demeanor. Candidates need to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Minimum of 2 years’ successful outside sales experience in professional business-to-business environments, preferably in a service industry
- Strong experience and network within the legal community is preferred
- Proven track record of sales success, fast growth and consistently achieving performance at 100%+
- Previous sales experience in legal services industry preferred
- Working knowledge of sales process, methods and techniques
- Proven track record of developing new customer accounts requiring heavy prospecting, cold calling, appointment setting and closing ability
- Strong Interpersonal skills, ability to interpret marketplace needs and translate them into products and/or services
- Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations (in-person and virtually)
- Proven organization and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite, and CRM
- Ability to be ‘In-the-Field’ prospecting / meeting with clients within the respective territory
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in Sales, Marketing, or Business required. Degree or certificate related to law, especially patent law, is preferred
GHB Intellect offers highly competitive compensation packages, including profit-sharing, 401K, and health benefits.
Please complete the form and also send your resume and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org