Over 35 years of hands-on experience in radio frequency engineering.Expertise in: High power amplifiers, transceiver and antenna design, communication and radar subsystem design.
• 20 technical papers and publications
• 2 books published
• Adjunct Professor and Lecturer of courses in 2G, 3G, and 4G Telecommunication Systems (LTE)
• Review Panel Member for the National Science Foundation (NSF)
Highly dedicated, passionate and successful telecommunications and DSP System-on-Chip (SoC) Architect, ASIC Designer and Embedded Software design leader offering more than 20 years of technology experience with 15+ years of industry experience designing and managing telecommunications, electronic design automation and image processing products and projects.View Fullscreen
• Author of a book on OFDM and LTE
• Book chapters on Wireless USB and Bluetooth
• Various journal/conference papers
PhD with 30+ Yrs of experience
Experienced and knowledgeable in all network layers with a strong focus on the PHY layer
Solid understanding of the system engineering process from requirements to testing
Clear understanding of the fundamentals of architecture
Familiar with many standards, including 2G cellular, 3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, WiMEDIA, etc
Expert in C++, MATLAB, octave, and many other computer languages
Practical and implementation-oriented in outlook
Expert at using mathematics and computer modeling to generate clear, intuitive solutions
• 30+ mixed signal chips designed/fabricated
• 70 technical publications
• Professional Engineer (PE)
• Senior member of IEEE, ARRL, NSPE, AAAS, SPIE, MRS, Naval Institute
Over 20 years of experience in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
PhD in EE, minor in Aeronautical Engineering, Space-based Communications
Over a decade of experience at Intel
• 16 papers
• 100+ major standards contributions
• 2 test vector documents
• 10 MAC/security design guides
Extensive experience radio resource management evaluation, simulation, standardization, and implementation
Registered USPTO patent agent
Intensive IP analysis work
• EE Times ACE Awards
• Member of IEEE Solid State Circuits
Passionate senior communication systems semiconductor business leader with extensive expertise. Specializes in business center management, RF systems, RFIC, mixed signal and DSP R&D management.
• Australian Bureau of Statistics Scholarship
• Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
Specialized in Location Services, GPS, indoor positioning
Expertise in algorithmic software development, computational math, modeling, statistics and data analysis
• IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
• Voting member, 1993-2002; Editor, State Machines, 1996-1999; Editor, Task Group E, 2000-2002
• JEDEC JC-61 Standards Committee, Member
• Designed 24 processors in technologies ranging from TTL MSI to 45nm CMOS.
Over 30 years of experience in computer and system architecture, R&D, wired and wireless data networks, LTE, Wi-Fi protocols and IEEE 802.11 standards.
More than 25 patent litigation cases. Gave depositions and testified in court both in the U.S. and in Europe. Did numerous portfolio evaluations, claim analyses and prior art searches.
12 years developing raster graphics and image processing systems, I/O controllers and multiprocessor workstations. Invented and led development of the world’s first RAM-based color raster graphics system.
10 years applied symmetric multiprocessing to LAN servers and pioneered the use of a LAN as a virtual I/O channel. Invented and led development of the world’s first LAN with dynamically variable data rates.
15 years wireless data networks.
3 years writing operating systems and compilers
• 40+ patents
• Lecturer at 3GPP, BBF, ATIS, 3GPP2, WiMAX Forum
• Numerous contributions to various industry standards
25+ yrs of experience in network architecture and mobile communication.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
18+ Yrs of experience,
Specialized in touch screen, mobile touch business, smart display
Technical expert in diverse products including wireless/mobile, communications, industrial and automotive solutions.
Major design wins and partnerships including Apple, Samsung, Qualcomm, Huawei, and Xiaomi.
• 10 years of experience
• Co-invented the most widely-adopted platform for smartphone-automotive interface
• Pioneered integration of wearables with automotive systems
• Multiple awards for inventions in automotive infotainment and sensor networks
• 30+ patents
• 25+ papers
• 1 book
10 years of experience
Concepting and prototyping innovative devices
Evangelizing new device technologies and UX
In-car experiences, app platforms & interoperability with mobile devices.
Natural user interfaces (NUI) & Tangible user interfaces (TUI).
Biometrics sensing in automotive & mobile. Inventor of the most widely adopted cross-platform solution for smartphone-automotive interoperability.
Hands-on startup experience with the ability to work independently on early stage incubation and R&D efforts.
20 years of experience in third/fourth/fifth generation wireless technologies, system integration, Wi-Fi, RF engineering in regard to LTE, WCDMA, HSPA+, network communication, life cycle development, and system designView Fullscreen
• Senior Member of IEEE
Specialized in optical networks and components
Developed system models and hardware
R&D in fiber optics and photonics.
Expert witness experience
Performance analysis of satellite cross-link.
Optical distribution of microwave signals in satellites.
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11u-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11v-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Inventor of the year at Nokia US
• 2012: Recognition for the substantial contribution to the launch of the Wi-Fi Certified Passpoint Certification Program, issued by Wi-Fi Alliance
• 15+ years of experience in data communications, R&D and standardization leadership, product road-mapping and architecture design
• Extensive involvement with and contributions to various standards
• 120 filed patent applications, 29 granted patents
5 granted US patents, 15 US patents pending.
IEEE senior member
Meritorious Award, International Mathematical Contest in Modeling, 1994
Development of MAC and PHY layer protocol in a proprietary Wi-Fi simulator.
Mesh networking over Bluetooth Low Energy developed on AR3002 Bluetooth chip and AllJoyn.
Prototyping of AllJoyn based demos on QCA4002 low power Wi-Fi chip.
Simulation and development of a proprietary MAC protocol for wireless medical device in ns-3 and System C.
20-years of experience
9-year industrial R&D at Mitsubishi, Intel, Olympus, and Qualcomm.
1-year industrial development at a wireless networking start-up company (Kiyon).
1-year project management across local and remote offices (Olympus Medical).
Voting member and technical editor of IEEE 802.11 and 802.15 wireless standards.
Working knowledge of IEEE 802, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, WiMedia, IETF, and H.264 standards.
Strong system analysis, design, simulation, and prototyping skills for wireless and computing projects.
• Member of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
• IEEE senior member
Experienced in depositions, expert declarations
Experienced in advanced telecommunication and military systems, CATV digital appliances with a core expertise in multimedia transport over LAN/WAN satellite, wireless and cable and compression technologies
• Large scale design, model, build, and optimization of cellular networks (the entire country of Chile, Mexico, Brazil, more) – from the ground up
Over 16 years of experience in cellular network optimization and drive testing.
• 48 + published patent application
Over 30 years of experience
Unique blend of technology plus business expertise
Extensive mobile, satellite, IoT, security, and machine learning experience
• 26 Conferences
• 125+ granted US patents
• Vice-Chair, Services Working Group, Small Cells Forum (2014-2015)
• IEEE Senior Member, 2010.
• InterDigital Awards: Chairman’s Innovation Award 2006; President’s Innovation Awards 2007, 2011, 2013, 2014; Chief Technology Officer’s Innovation Awards 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012,
• Certificate of Appreciation, 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 “3GPP2”, December 2012
• Certificate of Appreciation, 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 “3GPP2”, December 2013
• Wrote a series of white papers on various aspects of LTE mobile communication standard
20+ yrs of experience in 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G wireless communications especially in industrial standards, system engineering and intellectual property
40+ granted US and International patents