Over 35 years of hands-on experience in radio frequency engineering.Expertise in: High power amplifiers, transceiver and antenna design, communication and radar subsystem design.
• 6 Publications
Nearly 20 years of experience in the wireless communication systems field in both start-up and large companies in research and development.
• 20 technical papers and publications
• 2 books published
• Adjunct Professor and Lecturer of courses in 2G, 3G, and 4G Telecommunication Systems (LTE)
• Review Panel Member for the National Science Foundation (NSF)
• Telecommunications & DSP SoC architect, ASIC designer, & embedded software designer
• 20+ years of technology experience
• 15+ years of industry experience designing & managing telecommunications, electronic design automation & image processing products & projects
• 30+ mixed signal chips designed/fabricated
• 70 technical publications
• Professional Engineer (PE)
• Senior member of IEEE, ARRL, NSPE, AAAS, SPIE, MRS, Naval Institute
Over 20 years of experience in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
PhD in EE, minor in Aeronautical Engineering, Space-based Communications
Over a decade of experience at Intel
• 16 papers
• 100+ major standards contributions
• 2 test vector documents
• 10 MAC/security design guides
Extensive experience radio resource management evaluation, simulation, standardization, and implementation
Registered USPTO patent agent
Intensive IP analysis work
• EE Times ACE Awards
• Member of IEEE Solid State Circuits
Passionate senior communication systems semiconductor business leader with extensive expertise. Specializes in business center management, RF systems, RFIC, mixed signal and DSP R&D management.
• Australian Bureau of Statistics Scholarship
• Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
Specialized in Location Services, GPS, indoor positioning
Expertise in algorithmic software development, computational math, modeling, statistics and data analysis
• IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
• Voting member, 1993-2002; Editor, State Machines, 1996-1999; Editor, Task Group E, 2000-2002
• JEDEC JC-61 Standards Committee, Member
• Designed 24 processors in technologies ranging from TTL MSI to 45nm CMOS.
Over 30 years of experience in computer and system architecture, R&D, wired and wireless data networks, LTE, Wi-Fi protocols and IEEE 802.11 standards.
More than 25 patent litigation cases. Gave depositions and testified in court both in the U.S. and in Europe. Did numerous portfolio evaluations, claim analyses and prior art searches.
12 years developing raster graphics and image processing systems, I/O controllers and multiprocessor workstations. Invented and led development of the world’s first RAM-based color raster graphics system.
10 years applied symmetric multiprocessing to LAN servers and pioneered the use of a LAN as a virtual I/O channel. Invented and led development of the world’s first LAN with dynamically variable data rates.
15 years wireless data networks.
3 years writing operating systems and compilers
• 40+ patents
• Lecturer at 3GPP, BBF, ATIS, 3GPP2, WiMAX Forum
• Numerous contributions to various industry standards
25+ yrs of experience in network architecture and mobile communication.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
•30years of experience in communication system engineering with broad experience inR&D of wireless communications product and standards as well as satellite communications.•9 granted patents and numerous standard publications
30 years of experience in information security and cryptography
Ph.D. in EE with emphasis on wireless communication technologies•15 years of experience of wireless network systems engineering with world-leading wireless technology companies•20 granted US patents •Expert knowledge ofwireless technologies and standards, including LTE, WCDMA, CDMA2000, WiFi, IP across all communication layers (PHY, MAC, network, transport, application)•7+ years of experience in standardization of 3GPP technologies (LTE/LTE-A, WCDMA) in various working groups (RAN, SA, CT)•Expertise in mobile device operating systems•Deep familiarity with the technology landscape and trends in telecommunications •Excellent analytical, writing, verbal and communication skills •Capable of understanding and analyzing French patents
18+ Yrs of experience,
Specialized in touch screen, mobile touch business, smart display
Technical expert in diverse products including wireless/mobile, communications, industrial and automotive solutions.
Major design wins and partnerships including Apple, Samsung, Qualcomm, Huawei, and Xiaomi.
• 10 years of experience
• Co-invented the most widely-adopted platform for smartphone-automotive interface
• Pioneered integration of wearables with automotive systems
• Multiple awards for inventions in automotive infotainment and sensor networks
• 30+ patents
• 25+ papers
• 1 book
10 years of experience
Concepting and prototyping innovative devices
Evangelizing new device technologies and UX
In-car experiences, app platforms & interoperability with mobile devices.
Natural user interfaces (NUI) & Tangible user interfaces (TUI).
Biometrics sensing in automotive & mobile. Inventor of the most widely adopted cross-platform solution for smartphone-automotive interoperability.
Hands-on startup experience with the ability to work independently on early stage incubation and R&D efforts.
20 years of experience in third/fourth/fifth generation wireless technologies, system integration, Wi-Fi, RF engineering in regard to LTE, WCDMA, HSPA+, network communication, life cycle development, and system design
•35+ of experience
•IEEE Senior Member
•Created computer power solutions.•Reduced the electronics cost by over 15%.•Lead the development of a PFC boost.•Lead control IC for LED bulb applications.•Initiated and drove the development of multi-phase IC products.•Industry’s leading computer power solutions.•Ramped to 2M units per month rate in less than 4 months.•Architected Intersil’s portable computer CPU power IC family.•Defined Intersil’s multiphase power management IC family that sold over 1.2B units in the 5 years.•Created a unique LED lighting.
•Experienced semiconductor professional, helping companies bring their ASIC to market, from specification and architecture to procurement and qualification. Also consulting as an independent expert in IP litigation or technical due diligence.
• Senior Member of IEEE
Specialized in optical networks and components
Developed system models and hardware
R&D in fiber optics and photonics.
Expert witness experience
Performance analysis of satellite cross-link.
Optical distribution of microwave signals in satellites.
• 25+ years of progressive telecom and wireless industry experience in innovation, design, development, and
o Well-rounded experience in wireless communications involving mobile phones, mobile networks
and mobile base stations, and mobile carriers/service providers, wireless local and personal area
o A multi-disciplined background combining software, firmware, hardware, RF, protocol and
• Expert Witness for and deposed in an IPR case
• Over 25 years of experience as a wireless and systems engineer. With more than 70 patents, he has an indepth understanding of the patent process and technical writing. • Has worked at both ends of cellular ecosystem, infrastructure and handset, for large companies such as Qualcomm, Motorola, Fujitsu and Texas Instrument, and several small start-ups. • As the founder and CTO of a successful start-up company, he headed the development of an Ultra-Low Latency (ULL) 2×2 MIMO modem, providing state of the art data rates, with an end-to-end latency of less than 8usec. • Was responsible for technology roadmap, product management and technical marketing of all of LTE and LTE-Advanced (Including LTE-U and mmWave Access and backhaul) research and product activities. • At Powerwave, duties included design and development of LTE Small Cell base station, as well as overseeing system architecture group activities. • At Fujitsu, invented and patented a feature called “Site-Selection Transmit Diversity” (SSDT) for WCDMA systems, and introduced it to 3GPP WG1 working group, which was subsequently accepted as part of R99 (Rel4) UMTS/WCDMA standards.
• PhD with 30+ Yrs of experience • Experienced and knowledgeable in all network layers with a strong focus on the PHY layer • Solid understanding of the system engineering process from requirements to testing • Clear understanding of the fundamentals of architecture • Familiar with many standards, including 2G cellular, 3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, WiMEDIA, etc • Expert in C++, MATLAB, octave, and many other computer languages • Practical and implementation-oriented in outlook • Expert at using mathematics and computer modeling to generate clear, intuitive solutions
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11u-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11v-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Inventor of the year at Nokia US
• 2012: Recognition for the substantial contribution to the launch of the Wi-Fi Certified Passpoint Certification Program, issued by Wi-Fi Alliance
• 15+ years of experience in data communications, R&D and standardization leadership, product road-mapping and architecture design
• Extensive involvement with and contributions to various standards
• 120 filed patent applications, 29 granted patents
5 granted US patents, 15 US patents pending.
IEEE senior member
Meritorious Award, International Mathematical Contest in Modeling, 1994
Development of MAC and PHY layer protocol in a proprietary Wi-Fi simulator.
Mesh networking over Bluetooth Low Energy developed on AR3002 Bluetooth chip and AllJoyn.
Prototyping of AllJoyn based demos on QCA4002 low power Wi-Fi chip.
Simulation and development of a proprietary MAC protocol for wireless medical device in ns-3 and System C.
20-years of experience
9-year industrial R&D at Mitsubishi, Intel, Olympus, and Qualcomm.
1-year industrial development at a wireless networking start-up company (Kiyon).
1-year project management across local and remote offices (Olympus Medical).
Voting member and technical editor of IEEE 802.11 and 802.15 wireless standards.
Working knowledge of IEEE 802, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, WiMedia, IETF, and H.264 standards.
Strong system analysis, design, simulation, and prototyping skills for wireless and computing projects.
• A highly experienced technical leader and principal technologist with 20 years of proven records in advanced wireless technology/standards development, technical/executive management and strategic/product planning. Extensive knowledge and first-hand experience in wireless communication networks deployments, systems and standards and IP development and Patent Analysis.
• Member of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
• IEEE senior member
Experienced in depositions, expert declarations
Experienced in advanced telecommunication and military systems, CATV digital appliances with a core expertise in multimedia transport over LAN/WAN satellite, wireless and cable and compression technologies
•Large scale design, model, build, and optimization of cellular networks (the entire country of Chile, Mexico, Brazil, more) –from the ground up.
•Over 16 years of experience in cellular network optimization and drive testing.
• 20+ years of experience in the internet, wireless, and networking industry
• Balanced networking experience ranging from:
o Network architecture
o Design & engineering with core & metro service providers
o Systems & product engineering with networking equipment vendors
o Network security web architecture & protocol design as a consultant
• 48 + published patent application
Over 30 years of experience
Unique blend of technology plus business expertise
Extensive mobile, satellite, IoT, security, and machine learning experience
• 26 Conferences
• 125+ granted US patents
• Vice-Chair, Services Working Group, Small Cells Forum (2014-2015)
• IEEE Senior Member, 2010.
• InterDigital Awards: Chairman’s Innovation Award 2006; President’s Innovation Awards 2007, 2011, 2013, 2014; Chief Technology Officer’s Innovation Awards 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012,
•Certificate of Appreciation, 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 “3GPP2”, December 2012.
•Certificate of Appreciation, 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 “3GPP2”, December 2013.
•Wrote a series of white papers on various aspects of LTE mobile communication standard.
•20+ yrs of experience in 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G wireless communications especially in industrial standards, system engineering and intellectual property.•40+ grantedUSand Internationalpatents.
• 1 patent
• Bilingual, Native Finnish and English,
• Volunteer fireman
Experienced in working closely with chipset suppliers, OEMs, manufacturing, wireless operators in North America and globally
Proficient in marketing, product management, product development, supply chain and overall strategy creation
• Has a column in RCR Wireless News
• Writes for Forbes, EE Times and other publications
• On the speaking circuit for leading industry events, including Mobile World Congress, MWC Americas (CTIA), IWCE, and others.
More than 20 years of global experience in telecom industry, and is a recognized expert in 5G, 4G, IoT, cellular standardization and cloud services.
Has worked in large well known cellular wireless network and smartphone companies.
Has done research and analysis in deploying cellular systems and commercializing wireless technology and products.
Technical marketing engineer actively involved in developing and commercializing new technologies for commercial wireless, aerospace & defense, Research, EMC, and automotive applications.
Unique combination of R&D, technical marketing and international business experience in various leadership positions.
Product line manager, product marketing and launch, digital marketing, sales channel development, content creator and market researcher and segmentation