Over 35 years of hands-on experience in radio frequency engineering.Expertise in: High power amplifiers, transceiver and antenna design, communication and radar subsystem design.
PhD in EE; minor in Aeronautical Engineering; Space-based Communication; over 20 years of experience in the semiconductor manufacturing industry
• AeA High Tech Innovation Awards
• EE Times ACE Awards
• Member of IEEE Solid State Circuits
Passionate Senior Communication Systems Semiconductor Business Leader with 20 years of experience. Specializes in business center management, product line management, RF Systems, RFIC, Mixed signal and DSP R&D management. MSEE
• IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
• Voting member, 1993-2002; Editor, State Machines, 1996-1999; Editor, Task Group E, 2000-2002
• JEDEC JC-61 Standards Committee, Member
• Designed 24 processors in technologies ranging from TTL MSI to 45nm CMOS.
Over 30 years of experience in computer and system architecture, R&D, wired and wireless data networks, LTE, Wi-Fi protocols and IEEE 802.11 standards.
More than 25 patent litigation cases. Gave depositions and testified in court both in the U.S. and in Europe. Did numerous portfolio evaluations, claim analyses and prior art searches.
12 years developing raster graphics and image processing systems, I/O controllers and multiprocessor workstations. Invented and led development of the world’s first RAM-based color raster graphics system.
10 years applied symmetric multiprocessing to LAN servers and pioneered the use of a LAN as a virtual I/O channel. Invented and led development of the world’s first LAN with dynamically variable data rates.
15 years wireless data networks.
3 years writing operating systems and compilers
Life Senior Member of the IEEE.
10 issued/9 pending US patent applications & 6 Publications
2015 IEEE Region 6 Central Area Outstanding Engineer Award
Member of the Executive Steering Committee of the San Francisco Bay Area Nanotechnology Council Chapter, 2005 to present. 2009 & 2014 Chair.
IEEE SFBA Nanotechnology Council Chapter wins 2014 IEEE NTC Chapter Award.
Editorial Board Member – International Journal of Humanitarian Technology
IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference – 2014 Health Track Program Co-Chair
Listed as a Grant Reviewer for the NSF
Expert in Image Sensor fabrication, operation, devices, packaging
Extensive industry experience spanning multiple applications of Integrated Circuit Technology with an emphasis in fabrication technology
Has contributed in Defense and Aerospace, Semiconductor Device and Manufacturing process development, 3G mobile technology, and Disk Drive Technology
• 22 Patents
• Harvard University: Associate Research Scientist
• University of Pennsylvania: Professor in Material Science and Engineering
• Technical Reviewer: Thin Solid Films and other journals
• Invited Lecturer:
Technology Workshops and Presentations at: Cisco, Celestica, Flextronics, Solectron,Jabil, Northrop Grummund, Motorola, Nokia, Raytheon, Boeing; and many other companies.
35+ yrs of experience in electronic materials, micro-devices, system design, failure analysis, surface science, thin films for both optical and electronic applications for LED device design, light fixture design and optimization, PCB, advanced electronics for LED power supply drivers and controllers, semiconductor devices, Li-Ion battery development for space satellites.
Experienced in depositions, expert declarations.
• 31 US Issued Patents; 1 pending
• Languages: English and French
• PhD, 35+ years combined experience in High Technology; Manufacturing, Development, Research and Start Up Companies
• Manufacturing, Outsourcing, Product Qualification, Reliability and Equipment Design of High-Tech Electronics
• Specialized Technical Skills: LCD, OLED, Electronic Packaging of Displays and Components, Touchscreens, Smartphone Teardown and Analysis
• Lecturer in Electronic Displays and Inter-Disciplinary Work in Biophysics Technologies
• Liquid Crystal Displays and Flat Panel Display Design/Packaging/Manufacturing