Mobile Devices & Consumer Electronics
Over 35 years of hands-on experience in radio frequency engineering.Expertise in: High power amplifiers, transceiver and antenna design, communication and radar subsystem design.
• 20 technical papers and publications
• 2 books published
• Adjunct Professor and Lecturer of courses in 2G, 3G, and 4G Telecommunication Systems (LTE)
• Review Panel Member for the National Science Foundation (NSF)
• Telecommunications & DSP SoC architect, ASIC designer, & embedded software designer
• 20+ years of technology experience
• 15+ years of industry experience designing & managing telecommunications, electronic design automation & image processing products & projects
• 30+ mixed signal chips designed/fabricated
• 70 technical publications
• Professional Engineer (PE)
• Senior member of IEEE, ARRL, NSPE, AAAS, SPIE, MRS, Naval Institute
Over 20 years of experience in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
PhD in EE, minor in Aeronautical Engineering, Space-based Communications
Over a decade of experience at Intel
• MBA level IT Management instructor at Northwest University
• Computer Science & Network Engineering teacher at Oregon Institute of Technology
20+ yrs of experience in software and consumer electronics.
Motivated and driven executive who delivered the perfect combination of software and hardware to realize best in class UI experience for consumer electronics and mobile devices.
Published several patents covering user enhancements, product safety and media extensions.
• 16 papers
• 100+ major standards contributions
• 2 test vector documents
• 10 MAC/security design guides
Extensive experience radio resource management evaluation, simulation, standardization, and implementation
Registered USPTO patent agent
Intensive IP analysis work
• EE Times ACE Awards
• Member of IEEE Solid State Circuits
Passionate senior communication systems semiconductor business leader with extensive expertise. Specializes in business center management, RF systems, RFIC, mixed signal and DSP R&D management.
• Australian Bureau of Statistics Scholarship
• Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
Specialized in Location Services, GPS, indoor positioning
Expertise in algorithmic software development, computational math, modeling, statistics and data analysis
• IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
• Voting member, 1993-2002; Editor, State Machines, 1996-1999; Editor, Task Group E, 2000-2002
• JEDEC JC-61 Standards Committee, Member
• Designed 24 processors in technologies ranging from TTL MSI to 45nm CMOS.
Over 30 years of experience in computer and system architecture, R&D, wired and wireless data networks, LTE, Wi-Fi protocols and IEEE 802.11 standards.
More than 25 patent litigation cases. Gave depositions and testified in court both in the U.S. and in Europe. Did numerous portfolio evaluations, claim analyses and prior art searches.
12 years developing raster graphics and image processing systems, I/O controllers and multiprocessor workstations. Invented and led development of the world’s first RAM-based color raster graphics system.
10 years applied symmetric multiprocessing to LAN servers and pioneered the use of a LAN as a virtual I/O channel. Invented and led development of the world’s first LAN with dynamically variable data rates.
15 years wireless data networks.
3 years writing operating systems and compilers
Ph.D. in EE with emphasis on wireless communication technologies•15 years of experience of wireless network systems engineering with world-leading wireless technology companies•20 granted US patents •Expert knowledge ofwireless technologies and standards, including LTE, WCDMA, CDMA2000, WiFi, IP across all communication layers (PHY, MAC, network, transport, application)•7+ years of experience in standardization of 3GPP technologies (LTE/LTE-A, WCDMA) in various working groups (RAN, SA, CT)•Expertise in mobile device operating systems•Deep familiarity with the technology landscape and trends in telecommunications •Excellent analytical, writing, verbal and communication skills •Capable of understanding and analyzing French patents
18+ Yrs of experience,
Specialized in touch screen, mobile touch business, smart display
Technical expert in diverse products including wireless/mobile, communications, industrial and automotive solutions.
Major design wins and partnerships including Apple, Samsung, Qualcomm, Huawei, and Xiaomi.
• 10 years of experience
• Co-invented the most widely-adopted platform for smartphone-automotive interface
• Pioneered integration of wearables with automotive systems
• Multiple awards for inventions in automotive infotainment and sensor networks
• 30+ patents
• 25+ papers
• 1 book
10 years of experience
Concepting and prototyping innovative devices
Evangelizing new device technologies and UX
In-car experiences, app platforms & interoperability with mobile devices.
Natural user interfaces (NUI) & Tangible user interfaces (TUI).
Biometrics sensing in automotive & mobile. Inventor of the most widely adopted cross-platform solution for smartphone-automotive interoperability.
Hands-on startup experience with the ability to work independently on early stage incubation and R&D efforts.
20 years of experience in third/fourth/fifth generation wireless technologies, system integration, Wi-Fi, RF engineering in regard to LTE, WCDMA, HSPA+, network communication, life cycle development, and system design
•Experienced semiconductor professional, helping companies bring their ASIC to market, from specification and architecture to procurement and qualification. Also consulting as an independent expert in IP litigation or technical due diligence.
•6 Japan patents
•Senior Member of IEEE
•17 Research Grants
•30 Refereed Journal Publications
•5 Books and Book Chapters
•81 Technical Conference Publications and Presentations:
•12 Other publications
•25+ years of industry experience in lasers and displays as well as other consumer electronics.
•15 years of experience in consumer electronics product design and manufacturing, mechanical design, lean manufacturingwith international Fortune 500 companies. •Expert in mechanical design, electrical/mechanical new product introductions such as cell phone, tablets, wireless devices, lean manufacturing,and assembly fixture design.•Worked in defense, consumer electronics, and biotechnology industries.
• 25+ years of progressive telecom and wireless industry experience in innovation, design, development, and
o Well-rounded experience in wireless communications involving mobile phones, mobile networks
and mobile base stations, and mobile carriers/service providers, wireless local and personal area
o A multi-disciplined background combining software, firmware, hardware, RF, protocol and
• Expert Witness for and deposed in an IPR case
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11u-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11v-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Inventor of the year at Nokia US
• 2012: Recognition for the substantial contribution to the launch of the Wi-Fi Certified Passpoint Certification Program, issued by Wi-Fi Alliance
• 15+ years of experience in data communications, R&D and standardization leadership, product road-mapping and architecture design
• Extensive involvement with and contributions to various standards
• 120 filed patent applications, 29 granted patents
• 25+ years of experience in telecom and wireless industry • In depth knowledge of the speech and audio codec standards • Managed evaluation of the latest ASR/TTS and NLP technologies from top vendors toward design of an interactive Multimodal Engine for smartphones, wearable, automotive, IOT and M2M products