Mobile Devices & Consumer Electronics
Over 35 years of hands-on experience in radio frequency engineering.Expertise in: High power amplifiers, transceiver and antenna design, communication and radar subsystem design.
• 30+ mixed signal chips designed/fabricated
• 70 technical publications
• Professional Engineer (PE)
• Senior member of IEEE, ARRL, NSPE, AAAS, SPIE, MRS, Naval Institute
Over 20 years of experience in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
PhD in EE, minor in Aeronautical Engineering, Space-based Communications
Over a decade of experience at Intel
• 16 papers
• 100+ major standards contributions
• 2 test vector documents
• 10 MAC/security design guides
Extensive experience radio resource management evaluation, simulation, standardization, and implementation
Registered USPTO patent agent
Intensive IP analysis work
• EE Times ACE Awards
• Member of IEEE Solid State Circuits
Passionate senior communication systems semiconductor business leader with extensive expertise. Specializes in business center management, RF systems, RFIC, mixed signal and DSP R&D management.
• Australian Bureau of Statistics Scholarship
• Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
Specialized in Location Services, GPS, indoor positioning
Expertise in algorithmic software development, computational math, modeling, statistics and data analysis
• IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
• Voting member, 1993-2002; Editor, State Machines, 1996-1999; Editor, Task Group E, 2000-2002
• JEDEC JC-61 Standards Committee, Member
• Designed 24 processors in technologies ranging from TTL MSI to 45nm CMOS.
Over 30 years of experience in computer and system architecture, R&D, wired and wireless data networks, LTE, Wi-Fi protocols and IEEE 802.11 standards.
More than 25 patent litigation cases. Gave depositions and testified in court both in the U.S. and in Europe. Did numerous portfolio evaluations, claim analyses and prior art searches.
12 years developing raster graphics and image processing systems, I/O controllers and multiprocessor workstations. Invented and led development of the world’s first RAM-based color raster graphics system.
10 years applied symmetric multiprocessing to LAN servers and pioneered the use of a LAN as a virtual I/O channel. Invented and led development of the world’s first LAN with dynamically variable data rates.
15 years wireless data networks.
3 years writing operating systems and compilers
18+ Yrs of experience,
Specialized in touch screen, mobile touch business, smart display
Technical expert in diverse products including wireless/mobile, communications, industrial and automotive solutions.
Major design wins and partnerships including Apple, Samsung, Qualcomm, Huawei, and Xiaomi.
• 10 years of experience
• Co-invented the most widely-adopted platform for smartphone-automotive interface
• Pioneered integration of wearables with automotive systems
• Multiple awards for inventions in automotive infotainment and sensor networks
• 30+ patents
• 25+ papers
• 1 book
10 years of experience
Concepting and prototyping innovative devices
Evangelizing new device technologies and UX
In-car experiences, app platforms & interoperability with mobile devices.
Natural user interfaces (NUI) & Tangible user interfaces (TUI).
Biometrics sensing in automotive & mobile. Inventor of the most widely adopted cross-platform solution for smartphone-automotive interoperability.
Hands-on startup experience with the ability to work independently on early stage incubation and R&D efforts.
20 years of experience in third/fourth/fifth generation wireless technologies, system integration, Wi-Fi, RF engineering in regard to LTE, WCDMA, HSPA+, network communication, life cycle development, and system designView Fullscreen
15 yrs of experience in consumer electronics product design and manufacturing, mechanical design, lean manufacturing with international Fortune 500 companies.
Expert in mechanical design, electrical/mechanical new product introductions such as cell phone, tablets, wireless devices, lean manufacturing and assembly fixture design.
Worked in defense, consumer electronics, and biotechnology industries.
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11u-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11v-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Inventor of the year at Nokia US
• 2012: Recognition for the substantial contribution to the launch of the Wi-Fi Certified Passpoint Certification Program, issued by Wi-Fi Alliance
• 15+ years of experience in data communications, R&D and standardization leadership, product road-mapping and architecture design
• Extensive involvement with and contributions to various standards
• 120 filed patent applications, 29 granted patents