Over 35 years of hands-on experience in radio frequency engineering.Expertise in: High power amplifiers, transceiver and antenna design, communication and radar subsystem design.
• 6 Publications
Nearly 20 years of experience in the wireless communication systems field in both start-up and large companies in research and development.View Fullscreen
• 20 technical papers and publications
• 2 books published
• Adjunct Professor and Lecturer of courses in 2G, 3G, and 4G Telecommunication Systems (LTE)
• Review Panel Member for the National Science Foundation (NSF)
Highly dedicated, passionate and successful telecommunications and DSP System-on-Chip (SoC) Architect, ASIC Designer and Embedded Software design leader offering more than 20 years of technology experience with 15+ years of industry experience designing and managing telecommunications, electronic design automation and image processing products and projects.View Fullscreen
• Author of a book on OFDM and LTE
• Book chapters on Wireless USB and Bluetooth
• Various journal/conference papers
PhD with 30+ Yrs of experience
Experienced and knowledgeable in all network layers with a strong focus on the PHY layer
Solid understanding of the system engineering process from requirements to testing
Clear understanding of the fundamentals of architecture
Familiar with many standards, including 2G cellular, 3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMAX, WiMEDIA, etc
Expert in C++, MATLAB, octave, and many other computer languages
Practical and implementation-oriented in outlook
Expert at using mathematics and computer modeling to generate clear, intuitive solutions
• 16 papers
• 100+ major standards contributions
• 2 test vector documents
• 10 MAC/security design guides
Extensive experience radio resource management evaluation, simulation, standardization, and implementation
Registered USPTO patent agent
Intensive IP analysis work
• EE Times ACE Awards
• Member of IEEE Solid State Circuits
Passionate senior communication systems semiconductor business leader with extensive expertise. Specializes in business center management, RF systems, RFIC, mixed signal and DSP R&D management.
• Australian Bureau of Statistics Scholarship
• Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
Specialized in Location Services, GPS, indoor positioning
Expertise in algorithmic software development, computational math, modeling, statistics and data analysis
• IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
• Voting member, 1993-2002; Editor, State Machines, 1996-1999; Editor, Task Group E, 2000-2002
• JEDEC JC-61 Standards Committee, Member
• Designed 24 processors in technologies ranging from TTL MSI to 45nm CMOS.
Over 30 years of experience in computer and system architecture, R&D, wired and wireless data networks, LTE, Wi-Fi protocols and IEEE 802.11 standards.
More than 25 patent litigation cases. Gave depositions and testified in court both in the U.S. and in Europe. Did numerous portfolio evaluations, claim analyses and prior art searches.
12 years developing raster graphics and image processing systems, I/O controllers and multiprocessor workstations. Invented and led development of the world’s first RAM-based color raster graphics system.
10 years applied symmetric multiprocessing to LAN servers and pioneered the use of a LAN as a virtual I/O channel. Invented and led development of the world’s first LAN with dynamically variable data rates.
15 years wireless data networks.
3 years writing operating systems and compilers
• 40+ patents
• Lecturer at 3GPP, BBF, ATIS, 3GPP2, WiMAX Forum
• Numerous contributions to various industry standards
25+ yrs of experience in network architecture and mobile communication.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering
20 years of experience in third/fourth/fifth generation wireless technologies, system integration, Wi-Fi, RF engineering in regard to LTE, WCDMA, HSPA+, network communication, life cycle development, and system designView Fullscreen
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11u-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Certificate of Appreciation for outstanding contributions to the development of the IEEE 802.11v-2011 standard, issued by IEEE Standards Association
• 2011: Inventor of the year at Nokia US
• 2012: Recognition for the substantial contribution to the launch of the Wi-Fi Certified Passpoint Certification Program, issued by Wi-Fi Alliance
• 15+ years of experience in data communications, R&D and standardization leadership, product road-mapping and architecture design
• Extensive involvement with and contributions to various standards
• 120 filed patent applications, 29 granted patents
• Member of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
• IEEE senior member
Experienced in depositions, expert declarations
Experienced in advanced telecommunication and military systems, CATV digital appliances with a core expertise in multimedia transport over LAN/WAN satellite, wireless and cable and compression technologies
• Two-time Hughes Aircraft Division Patent Award winner
• 59 issued US patents, over 200 issued international patents
• Numerous IC design team awards at Hughes and Raytheon
• Hughes Masters Fellow, Engineers Fellow, Doctoral Fellow
• Menara Networks EDC IC Team Award
20+ yrs of experience especially in high performance / high dynamic range analog mixed signal, custom digital, and RF integrated circuit design
59 granted US patents
200+ international patents
• Large scale design, model, build, and optimization of cellular networks (the entire country of Chile, Mexico, Brazil, more) – from the ground up
Over 16 years of experience in cellular network optimization and drive testing.
• 48 + published patent application
Over 30 years of experience
Unique blend of technology plus business expertise
Extensive mobile, satellite, IoT, security, and machine learning experience
• 26 Conferences
• 125+ granted US patents
• Vice-Chair, Services Working Group, Small Cells Forum (2014-2015)
• IEEE Senior Member, 2010.
• InterDigital Awards: Chairman’s Innovation Award 2006; President’s Innovation Awards 2007, 2011, 2013, 2014; Chief Technology Officer’s Innovation Awards 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012,
• Certificate of Appreciation, 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 “3GPP2”, December 2012
• Certificate of Appreciation, 3rd Generation Partnership Project 2 “3GPP2”, December 2013
• Wrote a series of white papers on various aspects of LTE mobile communication standard
20+ yrs of experience in 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G wireless communications especially in industrial standards, system engineering and intellectual property
40+ granted US and International patents