• Past Director, SID Symposium Committee (10 years)
• Conference and Program Chair, SID Symposium and IDRC
• Past Member, SID Program Committee (15 years)
• 84 Patents
• 13 Publications
40+ yrs of experience in: Flat panel display (TFT, LCD), LED Lighting, LED displays, and optics, with interaction with producers and customers in multiple countries such as Japan, Taiwan, Korea and China.
Fellow of the Society for Information Display
Highly experienced as an expert witness (numerous IPRs, District Court Cases, expert reports and depositions)
• 22 Patents
• Harvard University: Associate Research Scientist
• University of Pennsylvania: Professor in Material Science and Engineering
• Technical Reviewer: Thin Solid Films and other journals
• Invited Lecturer:
Technology Workshops and Presentations at: Cisco, Celestica, Flextronics, Solectron,Jabil, Northrop Grummund, Motorola, Nokia, Raytheon, Boeing; and many other companies.
35+ yrs of experience in electronic materials, micro-devices, system design, failure analysis, surface science, thin films for both optical and electronic applications for LED device design, light fixture design and optimization, PCB, advanced electronics for LED power supply drivers and controllers, semiconductor devices, Li-Ion battery development for space satellites.
Experienced in depositions, expert declarations.
• 9 Patents
• 54 Technical Papers & Articles
• 52 Invited Speeches & Presentations
• 6 Honors & Awards
• 4 Memberships of organizations and committees
Expertise in the field of LEDs and light sources, optical and illumination engineering.
Expert in regulations, government relations and specifications.
Expert witness and IP consulting experience
• 31 US Issued Patents; 1 pending
• Languages: English and French
• PhD, 35+ years combined experience in High Technology; Manufacturing, Development, Research and Start Up Companies
• Manufacturing, Outsourcing, Product Qualification, Reliability and Equipment Design of High-Tech Electronics
• Specialized Technical Skills: LCD, OLED, Electronic Packaging of Displays and Components, Touchscreens, Smartphone Teardown and Analysis
• Lecturer in Electronic Displays and Inter-Disciplinary Work in Biophysics Technologies
• Liquid Crystal Displays and Flat Panel Display Design/Packaging/Manufacturing