Image / Video
Over 30 years of experience in IP, technical support for IP licensing, technology and patent evaluation and reverse engineering.
Specialized in Electro-Optics, Imaging and Video Systems and Codecs, and Software development
• MBA level IT Management instructor at Northwest University
• Computer Science & Network Engineering teacher at Oregon Institute of Technology
20+ yrs of experience in software and consumer electronics.
Motivated and driven executive who delivered the perfect combination of software and hardware to realize best in class UI experience for consumer electronics and mobile devices.
Published several patents covering user enhancements, product safety and media extensions.
Data/Image/Video Compression Expert
PhD, 25 yrs of experience
Patent analysis and reverse engineering
• 10 years of experience
• Co-invented the most widely-adopted platform for smartphone-automotive interface
• Pioneered integration of wearables with automotive systems
• Multiple awards for inventions in automotive infotainment and sensor networks
• 30+ patents
• 25+ papers
• 1 book
10 years of experience
Concepting and prototyping innovative devices
Evangelizing new device technologies and UX
In-car experiences, app platforms & interoperability with mobile devices.
Natural user interfaces (NUI) & Tangible user interfaces (TUI).
Biometrics sensing in automotive & mobile. Inventor of the most widely adopted cross-platform solution for smartphone-automotive interoperability.
Hands-on startup experience with the ability to work independently on early stage incubation and R&D efforts.
• Member IEEE
• Teaches many communications/ computer courses and seminars
• Published a book
Experienced in Telecommunications and Information Services.View Fullscreen
• Member of Society of Cable Telecommunications Engineers
• IEEE senior member
Experienced in depositions, expert declarations
Experienced in advanced telecommunication and military systems, CATV digital appliances with a core expertise in multimedia transport over LAN/WAN satellite, wireless and cable and compression technologies
• Life Senior Member of the IEEE.
• 10 issued/9 pending US patent applications & 6 Publications
• 2015 IEEE Region 6 Central Area Outstanding Engineer Award
• Member of the Executive Steering Committee of the San Francisco Bay Area Nanotechnology Council Chapter, 2005 to present. 2009 & 2014 Chair.
• IEEE SFBA Nanotechnology Council Chapter wins 2014 IEEE NTC Chapter Award.
• Editorial Board Member – International Journal of Humanitarian Technology
• IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference – 2014 Health Track Program Co-Chair
• Listed as a Grant Reviewer for the NSF
Expert in Image Sensor fabrication, operation, devices, packaging
Extensive industry experience spanning multiple applications of Integrated Circuit Technology with an emphasis in fabrication technology
Has contributed in Defense and Aerospace, Semiconductor Device and Manufacturing process development, 3G mobile technology, and Disk Drive Technology
• 2 patents
• Fluent in English and French
More than 18 years of experience in algorithms and software for embedded applications, with specializations in compressed video, image processing, and parallel computing.
Skilled in Software coding, Algorithm development, Design decomposition, Debugging
• AWARDS – Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Technical Achievement Award/Triple-I Digital Film Printer. SMPTE Fellow. Microsoft TV patent US 7,020,195 B1 “Layered Coding and Decoding of Image Data,” Symbolics Engineer of the Year
• Board of Directors, Hollywood Professionals Association.
• Multiple Papers & Panels1 patent and 1 publication
Experience: More than 30 years of product and business development and consulting experience in Hollywood and CE markets at Microsoft, Broadcom, and Dolby C-Level management, Mercury Computer Corp, Sony Pictures, Adobe, DoD.
Expertise: Interests: OTT & IoT. Consumer Electronics. Interconnection of Cloud, Connected Cars, EV Infotainment, Smartphones, Semi-Autonomous Vehicles, ADAS, SDCs, deep learning & AI. 4G LTE & 5G. China business.