Over 35 years of hands-on experience in radio frequency engineering.Expertise in: High power amplifiers, transceiver and antenna design, communication and radar subsystem design.
• 6 Publications
Nearly 20 years of experience in the wireless communication systems field in both start-up and large companies in research and development.
• 20 technical papers and publications
• 2 books published
• Adjunct Professor and Lecturer of courses in 2G, 3G, and 4G Telecommunication Systems (LTE)
• Review Panel Member for the National Science Foundation (NSF)
Highly dedicated, passionate and successful telecommunications and DSP System-on-Chip (SoC) Architect, ASIC Designer and Embedded Software design leader offering more than 20 years of technology experience with 15+ years of industry experience designing and managing telecommunications, electronic design automation and image processing products and projects.
• 30+ mixed signal chips designed/fabricated
• 70 technical publications
• Professional Engineer (PE)
• Senior member of IEEE, ARRL, NSPE, AAAS, SPIE, MRS, Naval Institute
Over 20 years of experience in the semiconductor manufacturing industry.
PhD in EE, minor in Aeronautical Engineering, Space-based Communications
Over a decade of experience at Intel
• EE Times ACE Awards
• Member of IEEE Solid State Circuits
Passionate senior communication systems semiconductor business leader with extensive expertise. Specializes in business center management, RF systems, RFIC, mixed signal and DSP R&D management.
• IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
• Voting member, 1993-2002; Editor, State Machines, 1996-1999; Editor, Task Group E, 2000-2002
• JEDEC JC-61 Standards Committee, Member
• Designed 24 processors in technologies ranging from TTL MSI to 45nm CMOS.
Over 30 years of experience in computer and system architecture, R&D, wired and wireless data networks, LTE, Wi-Fi protocols and IEEE 802.11 standards.
More than 25 patent litigation cases. Gave depositions and testified in court both in the U.S. and in Europe. Did numerous portfolio evaluations, claim analyses and prior art searches.
12 years developing raster graphics and image processing systems, I/O controllers and multiprocessor workstations. Invented and led development of the world’s first RAM-based color raster graphics system.
10 years applied symmetric multiprocessing to LAN servers and pioneered the use of a LAN as a virtual I/O channel. Invented and led development of the world’s first LAN with dynamically variable data rates.
15 years wireless data networks.
3 years writing operating systems and compilers
• 8 Publications
Over 25 years of experience in the semiconductor industry as an Individual Technical Contributor, Senior Technologist, Senior Technical Manager and Technical Fellow.
20 years of experience in third/fourth/fifth generation wireless technologies, system integration, Wi-Fi, RF engineering in regard to LTE, WCDMA, HSPA+, network communication, life cycle development, and system design
• Senior Member of IEEE
Specialized in optical networks and components
Developed system models and hardware
R&D in fiber optics and photonics.
Expert witness experience
Performance analysis of satellite cross-link.
Optical distribution of microwave signals in satellites.
• Two-time Hughes Aircraft Division Patent Award winner
• 59 issued US patents, over 200 issued international patents
• Numerous IC design team awards at Hughes and Raytheon
• Hughes Masters Fellow, Engineers Fellow, Doctoral Fellow
• Menara Networks EDC IC Team Award
20+ yrs of experience especially in high performance / high dynamic range analog mixed signal, custom digital, and RF integrated circuit design
59 granted US patents
200+ international patents