• Australian Bureau of Statistics Scholarship
• Member of Golden Key International Honor Society
Specialized in Location Services, GPS, indoor positioning
Expertise in algorithmic software development, computational math, modeling, statistics and data analysis
• IEEE 802 LAN/MAN Standards Committee
• Voting member, 1993-2002; Editor, State Machines, 1996-1999; Editor, Task Group E, 2000-2002
• JEDEC JC-61 Standards Committee, Member
• Designed 24 processors in technologies ranging from TTL MSI to 45nm CMOS.
Over 30 years of experience in computer and system architecture, R&D, wired and wireless data networks, LTE, Wi-Fi protocols and IEEE 802.11 standards.
More than 25 patent litigation cases. Gave depositions and testified in court both in the U.S. and in Europe. Did numerous portfolio evaluations, claim analyses and prior art searches.
12 years developing raster graphics and image processing systems, I/O controllers and multiprocessor workstations. Invented and led development of the world’s first RAM-based color raster graphics system.
10 years applied symmetric multiprocessing to LAN servers and pioneered the use of a LAN as a virtual I/O channel. Invented and led development of the world’s first LAN with dynamically variable data rates.
15 years wireless data networks.
3 years writing operating systems and compilers
• 10 years of experience
• Co-invented the most widely-adopted platform for smartphone-automotive interface
• Pioneered integration of wearables with automotive systems
• Multiple awards for inventions in automotive infotainment and sensor networks
• 30+ patents
• 25+ papers
• 1 book
10 years of experience
Concepting and prototyping innovative devices
Evangelizing new device technologies and UX
In-car experiences, app platforms & interoperability with mobile devices.
Natural user interfaces (NUI) & Tangible user interfaces (TUI).
Biometrics sensing in automotive & mobile. Inventor of the most widely adopted cross-platform solution for smartphone-automotive interoperability.
Hands-on startup experience with the ability to work independently on early stage incubation and R&D efforts.
• A member of:
o IEEE Computer Society
o IEEE Consumer Electronics Society
o IEEE Communications Society
o IEEE Management Society
o IEEE Senior Member
o IEEE San Diego Section Executive Committee as Treasurer
Results-driven Senior Executive with more than 20 years of experience and expertise in software and hardware engineering.
Further expertise as a project and program manager with a strong blend of creative and technical skills.
Demonstrated success in product and technology research and development as well as engineering process development and improvement.
• Developed Benchmark utilized Body design, new suspension, new I-6 and V-8 with 1st airbag implementation
• Invented and commercialized remote audio controls concept
• Poster-Merger Integration Leader to combine departments and processes for Chrysler/AMC Merger
Over 25 yrs of automotive experience
Expert in automotive product engineering, development, manufacturing, sourcing, integration, labor
Experienced in intellectual property analysis and strategy
Experiences at major US automotive brands as well as start-ups
Experiences with electric vehicles
Contributed to Grand Cherokee, Magnum, Wrangler, Dodge Dakota
Responsible for manufacturing in Mexico, Canada, and US.