The Office Manager is part of the GHB Intellect team, which is a world-class, intellectual property (IP) consulting services firm. With over 500 top-notch experts and professionals, state-of-the-art equipment and laboratories, and over a decade of business history, we provide unparalleled expertise and turn-key services to the intellectual property industry (high-tech corporations, law firms, etc.).
GHB Intellect’s unique business model and potential for professional advancement make this Office Manager position an excellent career opportunity for the hard-working, goal-oriented candidate. For more information on GHB Intellect, please visit GHBintellect.com.
We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic office manager to work with our management team in running the operation of the company. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, with a commitment to getting tasks done on time and with highest level of quality. They should be comfortable wearing many hats, and be excited to be help solve the everyday challenges.
The main responsibility will be to assist with the administration of the day-to-day operation of the company. Duties will be diverse and entail assisting with all departments to ensure a smooth and professional operation. In particular, duties will include:
- Office Management
- Customer Service
- Resource Management
- Assistance with Marketing
- Assistance with Project Management
This individual will be the front face of GHB Intellect and will be expected to provide outstanding internal and external customer service. Depending on interest level and performance, this individual may grow into other roles.
The ideal candidate for the Office Manager position will be customer service oriented and have friendly yet professional demeanor. Must be able to effectively manage time and multiple requests, and work independently, as well as within a team.
Candidates should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Communication – Must have professional writing skills and be able to speak clearly and coherently.
- Credibility/Integrity – Must be able to maintain confidentiality, deliver quality and reliable work, demonstrate accurateness and thoroughness
- Dependability – Must be consistently at work and on time, follow instructions, respond to direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Customer Service – Must be able to deliver excellent external and internal customer service, maintains positive attitude, and carry out service in line with the organizational culture
- Planning/organizing – Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities, uses time efficiently, follow-up on tasks to be performed
- Pro-activity – Must be proactive in detecting problems and suggesting solutions. Always on the look-out to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the operation of the company.
- Resourceful– Must be able to resolve issues and problems with minimal supervision.
- Proficient with Productivity Software – must be able to generate and/or edit documents and spreadsheets, and be comfortable using cloud-based services.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of a college degree
- 3+ years of experience in administrative/office management/HR roles
- Proficiency in MS Office as well as Cloud-based software tools
- Experience in patent/law-related companies is a plus
Office Manager Location:
Please be advised that the Office Manager location is San Diego, CA.